Thursday, November 18, 2010

Halloween



Halloween was a long time ago, but I'm going to blog about it anyway because the kids looked sooo cute and Brendan and I looked completely ridiculous.

In case you couldn't guess, we were Jersey Shore people. My hair was so high, it touched the roof of our car! It was fun, but I felt totally ridiculous the whole night. Surprisingly, there weren't a lot of Jersey Shore people out....I only saw one other Snookie. But I did get a lot of compliments on my costume. I went to RiteAid and bought the darkest foundation and powder and bronzer they had ( which is how we got our amazing tans). It was a little sad that this was the darkest color they sell in St. John's but that's a topic for another blog. Anyway, we had lot's of fun and it was good to see Claire on her B-Day!

On Sunday, we all got dressed up as Peter Pan characters. I was princess Tiger Lilly, Brendan was a lost boy, Laila was Peter Pan, and Caddie was Tinkerbell. I made all of the costumes myself. It's become a tradition for me to make the Halloween costumes. I've made a dragon, Woodstock (from Charlie Brown), Abby Cadabby (sp?), Elmo, Mr. Noodle, Maria, and this year's costumes. But it's been fun to let Caddie pick out her fabric and then wake up in the morning and it's a dress! But they were so cute and got A TON of candy!
Caddie as Tinkerbell.
Laila as Peter Pan. (It was her first time trick-or-treating! She did great and was not shy at all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment